Peppermint is such a refreshing scent to use in the shower. To me, there is nothing better than that perfect tingle, especially during wintertime! Create your own candy cane body scrub as the perfect holiday gift for your friends and family who loved to be pampered!
- Glass jars with lids
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- ¼ cup of unscented or peppermint scented liquid soap
- Tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- Red soap dye
- Candy cane or peppermint essential oil
- Candy canes
- Place one cup of Epsom salts in a large bowl and the other cup in a different bowl.
- Next, mix the salts with the liquid soap, sweet almond oil and 5-10 drops of essential oil.
- Mix the red dye in just one of the bowls and keep the other salts white.
- Now, layer the salts in glass jars. Start with a layer of red and mush it down. Then add the white and repeat so there is an even amount to each layer.
- Add a ribbon to the center of the lid and insert a candy cane through the loops.
- Top the lid off with a cute homemade label that says “Candy Cane Body Scrub” and hand out to friends and family at Christmas!
Tell your friends and family to use this DIY wintertime scrub in the shower to exfoliate and rejuvenate skin! Tip: You can add more oil to the salts if you want a less grainy texture.