Candles during Christmastime are essential for setting up the perfect holiday ambiance and adding those seasonal smells to your home. Here’s how you can create your own peppermint candy candles to decorate your home for the holidays.
They also make great centerpieces for your holiday table. You may want to use fake candles for this project to make sure the melted wax doesn’t ruin the candies. This DIY project also makes a great gift!
What You’ll Need
- 1 large bag of peppermint candies
- 1 fake pillar candle
- Large vase
- Red tea light
- Small candleholder
- Place your pillar candle inside the glass vase.
- Unwrap all your peppermint candies and fill the sides around the pillar candle with the candies.
- Continue until half or 2/3 of the candle is showing.
- Next, fill the small candleholder close to the top with the candies and add a red tea light on top.
Photo Credit: April Schallau